Mycoplasma pneumoniae is responsible for community-acquired respiratory tract infections, such as tracheobronchitis and pneumonia, particularly in school-aged children and young adults. These infections occur both endemically and epidemically at 3- to 7-year intervals worldwide. Numerous extra-respiratory manifestations of variable severity have also been associated with M. pneumoniae infections including dermatological manifestations and neurological complications.
- European Mycoplasma Conference 18-19 March 2019, London
- A review of mycoplasma diagnostics in cattle
- IOM2018 – 22nd Congress of the International Organization for Mycoplasmology
- Mycoplasmology: the big issues
- Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma spp. and Mycoplasma hominis: human urogenital mycoplasmas